Saturday 20 October 2007

Personal Progress Entry

University life has been a little hard since my last entry. I am having trouble with independent study, as i have always found it difficult. I think the fact i had a gap year in between my A levels and coming to uni, where i worked full time doing manual work and barley read a book let alone write anything, has diminished my skills some what! I used to be able to see media texts in a different way during the time i studied media at A level especially film and t.v. I feel now i am unable to spot as many things within texts as before but the more work im doing the more its coming back to me. Slowly but surely at the moment but now im sure i will make quicker progress as long as keep at it!

Also i need to cut down on my nights out mainly because of my financial situation, another thing im having trouble with. I haven't had to budget my money before and its hard to learn! But i have had some good nights out. The best nights had to be the drum and bass events in Cardiff, with my fave DJ Andy C coming to Cardiff!

I am going home for the first time this weekend. Cardiff doesn't feel like home yet and i don't think it will for a while! I think another reason im struggling with certain things is its taking a long time to settle in but again im sure all i got to do is stick at it and things will get easier.

No comments: